Ask Me about Invisible Disabilities
Have you ever had any questions about what it's like for someone with disabilities to navigate the world we live in? How about those of us whose disabilities aren't always apparent? Ask me anything!
Here are some ideas for potential topics of questions you could ask:
* Physically getting around in public places (stores, malls, schools, workplaces, hiking, etc)
* Dealing with crowded places physically and/or emotionally and/or mentally
* Planning a day around when you need to take medication
* Planning a day around how much you can physically do
* Planning a day around how much you can mentally or emotionally do
* Using assistive devices (canes, wheelchairs, etc) when you don't "look sick"
* Using a service dog when you don't "look sick"
* How people react to us
* How you can help make our lives easier when you see us in public
And anything else you can think of! If it's too personal, I will let you know that I won't answer it but give you a chance to ask a different question.
Pricing is for one question and up to two follow-up questions/clarifications on the same subject.
Training & Qualifications
I have multiple disabilities, mostly invisible. I use a service dog to help me with these disabilities. I'm also friends with others who have different invisible disabilities, so I can answer general questions on those, as well!
Availability & Preferences
open & flexible