Crafting Secure Passwords--Must Try
Here's what I used to do:
• I used the same password for everything so I could remember my password easily
• For sites that required symbols or numbers, I would add a "0" or "!," but would forget I added it and be left clicking "forgot password" every time I needed to access the site
• Some sites required I change my passcode every 3 months and it couldn't be the same as any password I've used in the past. This made my life very difficult as I struggled to come up with something random and I would always forget it
• I was anxious that if I used multiple passwords, I would have to write them down somewhere and someone else could find them and access them... and then my life could be ruined.
So, what do we value most of all in a password:
Unfortunately, most of us don't have very secure passwords.
If you were like me and used the same password for everything, all it takes is one sketchy website asking you to make an account, and when you do, they have your master password to access anything and everything of yours!
If you were smarter than me, you're still at risk! If you use any of those in-browser programs that collect and save your unique passcodes, all it takes is one security breach for a hacker to get access to all of those precious codes.
We need unique passcodes that don't have to be stored in any browser. If one passcode gets breached, it's okay because all the other unique passcodes will be safe and unknown to the hacker.
Let's list some of our password goals:
• Secure -- Unique codes that don't have to be stored in-browser
• Easy to Remember -- Don't have to write down or keep in-browser
• Quick to Access -- You don't want to have to refer to a notebook or spreadsheet every-time you need to enter your code
• Change often (and can still remember them) -- To improve your security, you should change your passcodes often. Some sites even require you! Let's embrace this and find a way to change passcodes AND effortlessly remember all of them
This is what my technique accomplishes! You'll leave with a powerful method that will keep all your accounts safe and secure, all the while making it as easy and accessible for you! Give it a try