Help your Simbi descriptions
Are you not getting what you want out of Simbi? It could be because you haven't written a good enough description of your services. People get a sense of who you are through the information you provide -- the less information, the less trust a person is willing to invest in you.
You're not alone, though. I'm noticing all over Simbi that people have very short descriptions that don't don't explain the service or engender trust. People are shy, and don't want to bother you by asking questions, so take some time and flesh out your services' descriptions.
Before talking to me, review the following and take a stab at rewriting your descriptions.
First of all, are you grouping more than one service? Stop. Split it up. Don't just list all of your skills. Take your skill, think of a clear deliverable that you could give to a client, then write that up as a service. If you feel you could offer so much more, don't worry. People understand that and will ask you for other things related to your service. People are always asking for more, its practically a fact of life when dealing with customers.
* Your first paragraph should be a 1 - 3 sentence description of your service.
* Why would anyone want your service? Subsequent paragraphs should expand and clarify your service.
* What method will you use to you deliver the service? If this is virtual, will you use phone, text, Skype, Hangouts, or video conferencing? If this is local, how will you meet up with your client?
* What are the limits of your service? Think of at what point would a client be asking too much of you. Then take it a few steps back and think of the point that is most comfortable to you.
* If you are open to trading services, explain what sort of services you would like.
* How did you learn how to deliver this service?
* How long have you been doing this service?
* Do you do this privately only? Or have you worked with clients before?
* Have you ever worked with clients on other projects?
* Are you being honest? Is there a limit to the scope of your knowledge?
Seriously, be honest and show your underbelly a little bit. People want to see you as a human being. Let them know they'll help you gain experience by merely working with you. Everyone on Simbi wants to be helpful!
Availability and Preferences:
* What is your timezone?
* What days and hours are you available? Do you have a time you would prefer the most?
* Do you have other constraints that could unexpectedly alter your schedule?
You've updated your service description, and now you'd like more advice. Contact me! Each unit of this service is reviewing 1 (one) of your descriptions. I will write to you any questions I might have if I were a prospective client. I may suggest changing wording or removing text. I will review the description up to 3 times.
Training & Qualifications
I've worked with clients and done some copy writing. A few people have given me compliments on my descriptions here on Simbi. I had an immediate and remarkable engagement with the Simbi community the day I signed up. Is it because of my descriptions? Perhaps. Lets see if my approach would work for you, too.
Availability & Preferences
Since this is a text based service, I'll get to you rather quickly.
BUT! I do have a chronic illness which may make me suddenly disappear for a day, or several days. Please don't fret. YOU will be my priority and I will do my damned best to fulfill your requests. It just might be a little... slow.