I'm an eclectic old soul who spends her time creating art, hunting down rare antiques, sewing patterns from the 1890s to the 1930s, and writing books about mischievous goblins. I am currently in the process of publishing my first book, "Beyond the Bramble" and I love talking with and encouraging other aspiring writers. I am also always on the look out for beta readers to help me improve my craft.
Vintage fashion and lifestyle is a passion of mine and I generally look like someone who just walked out of 1924.
I'm skilled in sewing and mending, illustration, creative writing, historical reenacting, genealogical research, and photo restoration. I can be a helpful source for information on fashion from historical eras (1890s-1960s), dating antiques, women world travelers, and historical recipes for food and apothecary.
I live in a tiny downtown Victorian apartment with my husband and our Dachshund Annette. I work part time from home and have plenty of available time to offer! I truly enjoy working with other creative independent thinking people.
Things I am interested in in trading for:
- Learning to knit (I've been drooling over old sweater patterns!)
- Online ukelele lessons (I love Annette Hanshaw and want to play her music)
- Charleston lessons
- Beta readers with experience
- The perfect chicken tikka masala recipe
- swapping vintage clothing and accessories
- swapping copies of antique sewing patterns
- if it is antique, dusty, and impractical to own, I probably dream about it at night.