Are you looking for the perfectly suited name that has meaning, is relevant and fits just right? We could be talking about a baby name, a character for your most recent writing project and/or even a pet name. Anything that needs a name will do. I LOVE finding the right name. At some point, it somehow has become a serious hobby of mine. I love looking into the etymology of names and searching for their meanings. The writer in me (I've got several books in the works), loves finding descriptive names that embody the essence of a character and can convey it. I'm also an intuitive empath. So, when searching for names, I combine research and intuition to come up with aptly suited names; be it for babies, characters and pets.
I will need to know a few details about the being in question and about you and your preferences to be able to find what works.
-What or who is it? - Soon to be born baby, a cat, a fictional dragon, etc... ?
- If its for a baby name:
- Are you looking for a Girl name, a Boy name or a Unisex name?
- What is going to be the child's last name?
- What are some personal traits, features, characteristics and/or values you hope that they embody or represent?
-What are the race and/or ethnicity, religious and cultural backgrounds of the parents?
- How would you define your own style?
- How would you like for your child to carry on your legacy? Or are there any traits that you or the other parent have that you wish for the child to also embody?
- What is your favorite color? Your favorite season, your favorite word and your favorite thing? (You can say more than just one option for each, if you feel inclined to do so.)
What type of names do you like? Short, fanciful, dramatic, long and stately, traditional, unique?
(I know those might seem like random questions but believe me, this will all help me narrow down and find what suits your child the best.)
If its for a pet:
-What are some of it's definite features or defining characteristics?
- I'd request a photo of the pet.
-What type of personality does the pet have?
- Do you have an anecdote about how it became your pet?
- What sort of feeling do you get from it?
- What is your favorite color, word and season?
As for a fictional character:
-What is the character's sex and gender?
-What are the character's main personality traits?
-Under which archetype or stereotype would you say that they fall under? Or combination of archetypes?
- What is their attitude towards the world and themselves?
- What is the character's ethnicity, race, religion and sexual orientation?
- Which genre are you writing for?
-What type of names do you like? Short, fanciful, dramatic, long and stately, traditional, unique?
After you answer the pertinent questions, I'll look into it. I might ask some follow up questions if need be. Then, I'll find 5 name options that you could choose from. I'll give you a breakdown of why I think those names would best apply. If you wish, we could also work together to pick the best name out of the 5 options that I give you, and/ or any other names you might wish to consider too.
Training & Qualifications
I am a writer, an English teacher and an intuitive empath. Most importantly, I'm a complete nerd when it comes to names and finding their etymology and meanings. I have found fun, and creative names that have perfectly suited children, pets and fictional characters. Combing over baby name books and online baby name sites, has been a hobby of mine, for a few years now.
Here are some of my previous unique name combinations that fit:
Pets: Moonbeam, Adalia Rose, Everest Everhart, Gatsby Twinkle, Mimi Cosette, Pixie, Humphrey, Miel
Fictional Characters: Elora Ballard, Isidora Lovel, Kendra Khalo
Availability & Preferences
Monday and Wednesday mornings. Thursday and Friday afternoons. Most nights after 9pm Eastern Standard Time.