Custom Static Webpage
I will work with you to design a one of a kind static webpage. For your business or just for fun.
I think the internet is a playful place. A place where anyone can - and should - express themselves. Even if you don't think you need a website, I think you should try your hand at creating for the web. This service isn't about you hiring me to make a marketing website. I want to help you create something - not just create it for you. Let's collaborate and make something you'll be excited to share.
Why build a static webpage?
• because the internet needs more fun, unique, expressive webpages built by individuals
• because you have the best taste in gifs
• because you bought a domain but now aren't sure what to put on it
• because you have an idea that's been festering in your brain.. and it's time to make it happen
What is a "static webpage"?
• a splash page or internet equivalent of a business card
• just one page (although we can talk about adding additional pages)
• can be interactive
• great for businesses that are more active in social media, but also own a domain
• great for individuals who just want to have a website
What isn't a "static webpage"?
• something you'll be able to post updates to (without some coding knowledge)
• a website that can save and load from a database
• a blog or ecommerce site
• a web app you can sign into like Facebook or Twitter
How this will work:
Step 1: Talk.
We'll meet in person to talk about what your vision is, how involved do you want to be, time frame, plus things like web hosting. I'd prefer to meet in person, because again, this isn't about making something for you, but making something with you! After meeting in person at least once, virtual communication is fine.
Step 2: Design.
We'll collaborate on your design, iterating until you're happy with it.
Step 3. Build.
I'll build your static website. If you're interested in learning some basic web development, that can totally be arranged.
Step 4. Publish!
My go-to services for publishing your static site are tumblr.com or neocities.org. Both offer great free hosting (you won't have a custom domain, but you can buy one and use it). Other means of publishing can be discussed.
Training & Qualifications
✓ loves collaborating with other people
✓ certificate in web development (from Epicodus, a Portland based code school)
✓ creative and semi-obsessed with the internet
✓ believes you've got a great idea for a simple but awesome webpage