Learn Sanskrit Language
If you have come across Patanjali / ashtanga / Hatha / (or any form of ) Yoga, Kamasutra, Hindu meditation / mantras, Buddhist meditation / teachings, or the Vedas, you would definitely have heard of Sanskrit, and even uttered the words in the divine language.
Being an ancient language with literature from atleast 5000 - 5500 years ago, it has been the primary sacred language of Hinduism and Mahāyāna Buddhism, a philosophical language in Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism, and a literary language that was in use as a lingua franca in Greater India.
I learnt sanskrit as a kid from my grandpa. (My mom is Indian and from a very traditional Indian family.) The love for the language was further fueled by my interest in philosophy and scriptures. Learning Sanskrit is more an overall understanding of the cultural context of the Eastern way of life, rather than learning mere words.
It delights me to be able to teach Sanskrit, after a Simbi user put in a request for learning Sanskrit. I started teaching her and now, it helps me realize how much I missed teaching and sharing my culture and knowledge of a lost language with people.
Im happy to help you learn. I would recommend a crash course for an hour or so to get the basics, and then may be check in on a biweekly on monthly basis.
If you want to
1) Impress your yoga buddies and help them learn something or have some interesting things to chat about the context of your Yogic experience,
2) Understand the real meaning of the words to determine the postures, methods, and processes involved in the usage of Sanskrit,
3) Get the context of the language, rather than merely memorizing words, look no further. Send in a request.
Wish you a very happy New Year! :)
Training & Qualifications
1) I started learning Sanskrit from my grandfather, reciting mantras and contemplating the meanings every morning since I was 4 years of age..
2) I have passed PANDIT examination certification, that equals a masters degree to certify fluency and proficiency in the language
3) I was raised in the culture and the religion with constant involvement thru the rituals, practices, philosophical studies, epic stories, familial customs, etc.
Availability & Preferences
weekends. in the afternoons