A Script for Your Language
I would be honored to be part of making your constructed language.
I can invent a script to write your language in, and send you a PDF file of the result. For this service I would only be making alphabets or consonantal systems, and I could make a syllabic system for an extra ten simbi, but not Chinese type logographic systems (which are basically whole languages in themselves).
You can send me anything about your language that you believe would help make a fitting script for it, but here is some suggested information if it can be provided:
- the sounds used in the language (if there are sounds not used in English you can give the IPA symbol, or try to describe it)
- scripts you would like yours to resemble in some degree ("Mainly Hebrew, with the coldness of Cyrillic, and perhaps a touch of Tamil.")
- how strict it should be (whether a letter can stand for two sounds, like "X", or if two letters can make the same sound, like "K" and "C", or if a sound needs two letters, like "Th", or if a letter can be used for more than one sound, like every letter in the English alphabet)
- something about the culture of those who use the script (grasp shoulders in greeting, historically live in the cold, trade is considered the work of noblemen)
- a lexicon, grammar, translated material, general information of the language (Ker = And, En- = past tense, "Bassa noyi dal" = "Sail with the wind", an ancient language of nobility)
- example symbols of the sort you would like (drawn by you, or taken from an existing script)
- any preferences regarding writing direction and punctuation (written in columns from bottom to top, columns ordered from left to right, pages ordered from right to left, words separated by dots, sentences separated by spaces)
Training & Qualifications
I love writing systems, ciphers, symbols, and scripts. I have created more than twenty already, with more than that of ideas for them: folders fulls of papers in the other room. Not all of them even use letters.
I also have in the works something to replace the unimaginative and untypeable IPA.
Availability & Preferences
Tuesday through Friday, about 9:30 am through 5:00 pm