Computer help - Apple devices
SOFTWARE ONLY - I cannot do hardware or hardware replacements (motherboard, harddrive, screen, etc), sorry!
There is nothing I can't fix on an Apple product - unless it's a hardware or battery issue, at which point I can at least advise you on how and where to get it fixed most cheaply! I have an external drive, every cord imaginable, and my own laptop/iPhone for diagnostics.
Problems I can fix:
- Can't get beyond the boot-up screen
- It's frozen beyond all reason
- App(s) won't work
- Browser issues (virus, crashing)
- iTunes is yelling at me
- Why the hell is my harddrive full
- I can't find a file/program
- My computer won't recognize/work with my other device, USB, external drive, or CD
- The trash will not empty
- I can't get a bluetooth device working
- I can't get my computer/device to log onto wifi
- Get the music off of or on to an ipod/iPhone
- App and hardware recommendations
- Backups onto external drives/restore from backup
- iPhone jailbreak (for recovery purposes only)
- Install memory (not applicable for most recent mac laptops)
- Organization and cleanup of files
Training & Qualifications
Qualifications: I work tech support for Valve. Relatedly, if your game won't run, boy howdy can I help.
I've been troubleshooting my own problems for the past 10 years. I'm the daughter of a software engineer, and I was making C-dos jokes in kindergarten. I've determined - painfully - that there's nothing the Apple geniuses can do that I can't unless there's a hardware or battery issue.
Availability & Preferences