Math Tutor (H. School, Calc+)
I can tutor advanced math courses, including any high school math classes (algebra 1 and 2, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, calculus) and many college math classes (college algebra, calculus, multivariable calculus, and some topics in more advanced courses, like linear algebra and differential equations).
Training & Qualifications
I am a PhD student in Engineering Mechanics. I use advanced math, calculus, geometry and trigonometry on a daily basis for various calculations for my research and teaching, so it is VERY fresh in my mind.
I graduated from undergrad at an Ivy League university with a degree in civil engineering. This degree required completion on calculus 1-3, differential equations, linear algebra, statistics, and engineering computation. I never made less than an A- in any of these classes. In graduate school, I have taken 2 advanced math courses to further increase my knowledge and understanding of advanced math concepts.
My teaching/tutoring experience spans 10+ years, starting in high school.
- I served as a teaching assistant in a middle school algebra class
- I ran an after school tutoring session of high school athletes in my high school
- I worked at a university math tutoring lab (while still in high school)
- I was a programming consultant (worked in tutoring lab) for a introduction to programming course
- I worked as a teaching assistant for two different engineering courses in undergrad
- I did some freelance tutoring in general math, GRE math, and general chemistry
- I tutored underprivileged middle schoolers in math for a non-profit organization
- I worked for 4 semesters as a teaching assistant in basic engineering courses while in graduate school. This included teaching section, grading, running office hours, and even filling in for the professors in lecture.
I you are interested in about having multiple lessons, I will provide the first one at a discount, so we can get to know each other.
Availability & Preferences
Weeknights and weekends work best for me, but I can make time during the day if we meet on UT campus.
I would meet one-on-one with student (or small group) in a public place, like a library of coffee shop to conduct the session.