Introduction to Tea Appreciation
There is so much more to tea than the average person is aware of! Tea in itself is a cultural phenomenon that inspires great passion in people (and I am no exception). My love for tea has led me to try, buy and read a lot about it and I would love to help more people appreciate it for all it can be (which is much more than the occasional stale teabag).
I am offering a 30 minute session during which we can talk about any of the aspects of tea you're most interested in from the ones listed below. If you have no idea that's okay too! I can design a little lesson plan for us.
- The history of tea - in different cultures
- Discuss the 6 different types of tea and what makes them different
- Tea production procedures
- Different types of teaware (could go on for hours!)
- How to properly brew a cup of tea
- How to ensure you buy quality tea
- How to pair teas with food
- Health benefits of tea
- How to get high on tea!
- What are the weirdest teas in the world?
You know what they say - if at first you don't succeed; chai, chai and chai again!
Training & Qualifications
I'm an avid tea drinker (loose leaf is the way to go) and lover who has been drinking tea for all her life.
Availability & Preferences
Mostly! We can make something work :)