Mental Health Coaching
I am NOT a licensed therapist.
I am a Master level student of social work, but am not yet licensed or registered to provide mental health therapy or counseling. Therefore, I will categorize this as mental health coaching.
I will listen. I will provide insight when possible.
I have worked with clients who have domestic abuse, substance abuse, legal issues, mental health issues, and other life issues.
Training & Qualifications
University of Southern California Expected August 2016
Master of Social Work Los Angeles, CA
Concentration: Mental Health
Buena Vista University December 2013
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology / Bachelor of Arts, Human Services Storm Lake, IA
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Trainings / Certifications
Problem Solving Therapy, Motivational Interviewing provided by USC School of Social Work August 2015
Veteran Suicide Prevention training through USC Center for Innovation and Research on Veterans and Military Families in conjunction with the Department of Defense October 2015
Trauma Informed Care Level 1 & 2 training provided by Midwest Trauma Services Network May 2012
Amethyst Respite Center, Agency for Community Treatment Services Jan 2016 – April 2016
Jail Diversion & Homeless MSW Intern for dual diagnosis clients Tampa, FL
• Group psychodynamic group therapy and milieu therapy
• Case management duties for homeless clients with co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse issues
Pinellas County Public Defender’s Office May 2015 – Dec 2015
Jail Diversion Therapist MSW Intern Clearwater, FL
• Conduct biopsychosocial diagnostic evaluations to determine eligibility for jail diversion
• Provide individual therapy for clients utilizing a strengths-based MI and mindfulness model
• Train Safe Harbor and PD interns on milieu training, compassion fatigue, and crisis intervention
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health Sept 2014 – Feb 2015
Integrated Health Homes Peer Support Spencer, IA
• Answer emergency services / crisis line and assist with walk-in crises / mentor problem solving.
• Divert mental health clients from medical clinic to social and mental support through Avera Clinic Behavioral Health Consultant Grant program.
Forest Ridge Youth Services (Residential Treatment) March 2010 – Aug 2014
Behavioral Health Intervention Services Practitioner Estherville, IA
• Conduct daily behavioral health groups, family behavioral health sessions, individual sessions.
• Caseload of 15 adolescents - juvenile delinquent / CINA (child in need of assistance) clients.
• Provide 24/7 on call duties for residential and shelter facilities to handle crises and placement.
CAASA (Center Against Abuse / Sexual Assault) Oct 2009 – June 2010
Shelter Monitor and Intake Coordinator Spencer, IA
• Certified as Level 1 and Level 2 Advocate for CAASA and ICADV (IA Coalition Against DV)
• Monitor shelter, conduct client intakes, and advocate for domestic abuse victims and families
• Answer crisis line to provide advocacy, shelter, referrals, and additional resources
Availability & Preferences
Weekends is my main free time, but I can be flexible.