I am an artist, a wife and a mother. I am passionate about justice and doing THE RIGHT THING for all people. I love to write poems and lyrics (I am not a song writer, I just LOVE music and my poems usually end up with a pattern or flow and I would love to hear them one day put to music).
I attended Purdue and double majored in Fine Arts and Art Education K-12 with a minor in Art History. My concentration was in Ceramics, however, my training as an art teacher allows me a knowledge in a WIDE VARIETY of art media and methods. I also experienced an upbringing that required me to be resourceful, which allows me a great opportunity to adapt and adjust for most situations or needs. I love to share my knowledge and skills with others to give them another way to express themselves in constructive ways.
I have previously been employed for 8 years as a paraprofessional/teacher aide for special education preschool. This adds to my adaptability and resourcefulness. I also can make any Teach boxes. They are boxes that have tasks that you hope to teach to your child/student. For example, I made one that taught both how to put the lids on markers (using old dry markers that I cut the tips off of) and taught matching colors. They have a beginning and end. These boxes are very helpful for children on the spectrum.
I also volunteer with youth groups (5 years) and was employed as youth director for one. I am pretty good at developing curriculum with a spiritual basis. I do have a more open perception of spirituality, so keep that in mind as you consider using that talent of mine.
If you have any other questions on what you'd like me to do, please let me know.
Below, you will find a more detailed list of my abilities in art.
I am able to perform a variety of artistic services.
- teach nearly any medium you may be interested in learning for yourself or your children/students.
- paint a mural for your child/baby room or business.
- paint signs for any event/purpose.
- design a logo or creative flyers/invitations.
- design and handprint t-shirts. Either for events, field trips or just so you can have custom one-of-a-kind shirts.
- create any artwork that you may envision for your space.
I am familiar with the following media:
- ceramics: molds, slab, beginning wheel pottery, linoleum style cut
- drawing: pencil, charcoal/pastel
- sculpture: plaster molds, wire
- printmaking: relief, silkscreen
- computer graphics and imagery
I ENJOY mixing media if you are looking for something more outside of the box
Contact me regarding ANY of your project needs, even if you do not see your need on the list.
I am very resourceful, inventive and LOVE to bring concepts and ideas into tangible physical existence.
*prices/fees will be determined on an individual basis and by factoring in size, media/materials, difficulty or skill level, time, frequency, duration, required supplies/tools and level of creativity applied.