Setting up WordPress Website Online
***Please read the whole description before contacting me***
I launch small/medium websites for now about 20 years on Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento. I started Simbi last week out of curiosity to see how it works. But here's how my service work:
First, when you want to launch a WordPress website online, you will need the following:
1. Your domain name (this is the URL of your website)
2. A webhosting plan (this is where the files of your website are stored/installed)
3. A WordPress template (optional but greatly recommended)
With an hosting plan you usually get the first year of the domain name included (free). As for the hosting plan itself, I usually recommend a basic hosting plan with a provider like this one that won't oversell their server resources (I stay away from Godaddy and mass commercial web hosting companies):
(the startup plan fits the needs of most starting informational website)
Now as for the WordPress template, this is optional but I recommend that you take the time to search for one that you like and have all the functionnalities that you need (try also to see how you want your website to evolve in time). A good source for WordPress templates is the following website:
Now I do offer this service because this is my passion and not for the potential gains (anyway I don't even know whay 50 Simbi is worth). However, since I do this on my free time, I can only promise to deliver what I mention in my service which needs to be crystal clear with you before I start:
- Setting up the Host with the domain name (if purchased together).
- Creating the WordPress MySQL Database on your host.
- Transfering and Installing the WordPress files on your hosting plan.
- Installing the WordPress template and the demo content of the template.
- Quick tutorial on how to edit the pages and adapt the demo content to your website.
This is not free pass, Understand that WordPress is a really amazing CMS that doesn't require any development skills, However it's still alot of work. A good website needs great contents (texts, photos, videos) that you will need to create yourself or ask a professional to do for you. Also, the WordPress admin panel might be confusing at first when you have never worked with any CMS. I think anyone can learn it in a timely manner but it requires a bit of motivation to go through the options (trial and error) and even read about it. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to train someone from A to Z on WordPress even if I would like to. So it's entirely up to you to manage this part.
If I didn't scared you already, I really look forward to work with you on your project.
Feel free to send me a message if you have a question.
Training & Qualifications
Almost 20 years as a self-taught web expert (launched my first HTML website around 10 years old)
A Senior IT Analyst owning my own Digital IT consultation company. My clients are large company such as L'ORÉAL CANADA using my expertise on their eCommerce websites.
My degrees are :
- Bachelor in Business Administration (specialized in Information Technologies). HEC Montreal
- Master in Electronic Commerce. HEC Montreal
Bilingual (French is my first language, English my second)
Availability & Preferences
Evenings after 7PM and Week-Ends