You're a songwriter who's looking to unblock some creative juices. You've tried just about everything on your own, and now you're hoping for some help. Without an eye to "creating material" for recording or performance, without judgement about writing *good* or *bad* songs, these prompts are designed to help you "write out the junk to let the gems through"; they're designed to help nudge you to think differently; and, they will help you to look at the world around you as a series of prompts, just waiting to nudge a new song out of you!
- I will send you a prompt and give you a deadline.
- I will nudge and encourage you (if you wish) during the period of writing.
- At deadline: You will provide me with a audio clip (or even better! --> a video clip) of the song, as well as the written lyrics.
- I will welcome your song, give it a quick *positive* critique. (And by this I mean, point out its virtues only, as this is NOT designed to be a hot-seat writing session or focused on your writing skills. It's ONLY meant to get you writing.)
- At the end, I will invite you to join in on some of the public songwriting challenges that I run. Your choice. :)
Training & Qualifications
For the past eight years, I have been running songwriting challenges through social media, through consulting services, and with my many management clients. These challenges offer a chance to flex those creative muscles through songwriting. Despite the goals of these challenges (not intended to create recording material or performable content - just intended to prompt writing), many songs have started out in these challenges and gone on to be recorded on albums. Artists have long extolled the benefits of being challenged into creativity. This is what I bring to the table.
Availability & Preferences