I am many things, and a believer 2 possible futures: an even more powerful oligarchy, and one without.
I am a: husband, father, martial artist, movement/locomotion trainer, fruit & veggie backyard farmer, chicken raiser, DIY fanatic, software developer (web, games , & other), sci-fi fan, GNU/Linux user+dev, and perpetual learner.
- 6 years ITF-style Taekwondo.
- 2 years BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu).
- 2 years mixed exposure to: Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo, Wrestling, & Muay Thai.
- 1 year following movement/locomotion based training concepts.
I am still actively training 3+ times a week in all of the above.
I am far from an expert, but everything has been done DIY style. Built my own raised garden beds, built the chicken coop from my own plans drawn up - taking ideas from various other intelligent people across the web and combining them into my own.
9 Years of experience in web-based software, where I climbed the ladder quite quickly; working on projects for Fortune 500 companies, government/political sites, religions &/or non-profit organizations, and a handful of other multi-million dollar companies.
- Drupal (PHP + MySQL), and by extension: Nginx, Apache, MariaDB, Vagrant, Docker, VirtalBox, and have played with almost every IDE out there.
- Unity (2D & 3D video games or applications): I have several game ideas, 2 of which are partially executed. I have the skills required to bring a game to completion, just not the spare time to do so without winding up homeless for defaulting on the bills.
- GNU/Linux (Debian / Ubuntu is my favorite flavor): At a young age, I learned how to use CLI (MS Dos at the time), before being introduced to a graphical user interface (GUI)-based OS. Fast forward to now, this has served me well - finding myself in the software development field where I spend most of my time daily in the CLI again.
My needs, or what I am looking for out of Simbi may change month-to-month; I am mostly here ready & hoping this continues to grow.
- I can provide teaching or services in the above categories I described about myself. Perhaps by self defense lessons (hands-on or virtual), general exercise - even potentially ways to eliminate imbalances / pain in the body through proper training that usually involves very simple movements or adjustments in daily life (though I am not certified, licensed, or otherwise professionally qualified to offer medical advice).
- I can also provide consultation or services in various tech fields, to a great extent. As I tell my software clients: there is no limit to what we can build, other than time.