I am an enthusiastic, hardworking and goal oriented scientist with experience in research, academia, and industry.
Bilingual scientist, fluent in English and Spanish, which has helped me to develop excellent communication, organizational and team-building skills. Highly motivated to learn new technologies and methodologies in different fields as well as troubleshooting problems. I have developed the ability to easily transcend cultural differences, demonstrated leadership as part of a team and thrived to excel all my endeavors.
Some of my most recent achievements include:
1) 2014: Received the 2013 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award for developing less wasteful methods to make reagents used in molecular biology techniques as part of the Life Technologies Austin-NOCS team.
2) 2013: Life Technologies Recognitions for contributions made to aggressively achieve project deadlines and for my commitment to being engaged in the projects (team leadership and accountability, 5S, lean manufacturing, inventory control and scheduling).
3) 2007-2008: Held executive board seats in national and local scientific organizations, e.g: SACNAS-UTEP, SACNAS National Office, UTSA-SACNAS.
4) 2004-2012: Advised the UTSA-SACNAS and UTEP-SACNAS student organizations.
5) 2004-2013: Participated in mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.