90-minute website consultation
Already have a website? Great! Let's get together and talk about it. Don't have a website yet but want one? Also great! I can coach you in first steps.
While I'm not new to meeting local clients and helping them out with their websites, I am new to doing it online. This session will improve over time, so if you're willing to be my first-ever guinea pig to help me establish a "flow" for these sessions, kudos to you!
A consultation isn't just a one-way presentation from me. It's a dialogue, so you might want to prepare by thinking about the answers to some of these questions: http://emily.taege.us/business-owner-questionairre/ Once I get a feel for you, your business/organization, and your technical capabilities, you and I can sketch out a road map that will get you from here (status quo) to there (success)!
Here's what a consultation might look like:
- 5 minutes : Introductions.
- 20 minutes : Setting the stage. What are you trying to accomplish online for yourself or your business?
- 20 minutes : Taking stock. What kind of things are you doing online now?
- 20 minutes : How are your current online efforts failing to meet your expectations?
- 20 minutes : What kinds of things can you do differently to improve your online presence? Together we will make a list of 5 things for you to work on.
- 10 minutes : Wrap up with final questions from you, and I'll give you some resources for further learning.
- I am central time (6 hours ahead Greenwich time).
- I can meet with you over Skype or Google Hangouts. Other possible options: Facebook and Facetime. Video isn't required, but it is extremely helpful, as I am hearing impaired. (However, I manage just fine over the phone.)
- Sound is required, since it's much easier to have a dialogue. This can be over the phone, or your computer's mic through one the services mentioned above.
- An instant messenger is required during the conversation in case we need to send web URLs back and forth while we're talking.
Training & Qualifications
- Currently employed, full time UX designer for a mid-size retail company. (3 years)
- Previous work experience in digital marketing (8 years)
- University of Minnesota degree in Graphic Design.
Availability & Preferences
Evenings and weekends.