Social justice storyteller with a keen focus on centering the voices of people of color in the Self-Directed Education movement, particularly unschooling.
I create safe space for adults nurturing more partnership and liberation centered relationships with children. My name is Akilah S. Richards. I write and speak to unschool, and to share the ways Self-Directed Education supports decolonizing, deschooling, & getting free.
My work examines the ways that we've accepted coercive, emotionally and physically damaging habits as a normal part of adult-child relationships. With a focus on deschooling one's self, decolonizing education, and exploring radical self-expression, this work (I call it Raising Free People or RFP) both challenges and informs us to push past coercion and fear, and walk toward a model for living with children that centers community, addresses social justice issues, and believes in trusting and respecting children.
★ Content Writing
• Expert level writing skills with demonstrated ability to write engaging web copy
• Knowledge of SEO and ability to produce keywords for products added to site
• Familiarity with web analytics and tracking methodologies
• Proficient in Web publishing and syndication
• Translating data into compelling written content
• Refining professional bios to reach target market(s)
• Non-fiction book and blog series writing
• Online course content creation
• Podcast scripts
★ Workshop Facilitation
• Writing Bios That Sell
• Exploring Radical Self Expression
• Embracing Spiritual Entrepreneurship
• Transitioning into Unschooling