Healing IBS/IBD Gut Pain Naturally
I'm a researcher/analyst by training, and have worked in management consulting and think tanks. However, a number of years ago, I fell seriously ill with what was diagnosed as IBD - or leaky gut, gut dysbiosis - the same spectrum of IBD as Crohn's/Colitis, with a few nasty pathogens. A number of friends have been diagnosed with the same. Collectively we've seen some of the top specialists in the field, read countless books/studies/reports, and spent significant money for tests and treatments all across the traditional and alt. medicine spectrum.
Long story short - we started to get better by following the recommended regimen from some of the top specialists.. although recently a few of us have made _major_ progress (i.e. almost to a complete cure) with one program in particular. The doctor that oversees this regimen has a 99% cure rate for patients that complete the program! Though I still wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't living proof.
Most importantly: I don't think any counsel can replace that of a certified specialist! But I'd love to share what I've learned - patient-to-patient. I've seen some easy treatments work for friends who were recently diagnosed. As many of the top docs recommend - the first port-of-call is usually an elimination diet. In a recent controlled study involving 93 IBD/Crohn's patients, 84% achieved remission after two weeks on an elimination diet. We can cover the most widely-used elim. diet as well. :)
However, I also know of the necessity for more intensive treatments for those, like myself, with more compound & chronic conditions. Hence, my counsel is not a one-size-fits all approach - but more of an honest analysis of the pros & cons of the top recommended regimens -
including the experts in gut health: Drs. Pimentel, Graham, Klein, McDougall, Siebecker, Greger, Kresser, Myers, Axe, and Hyman. All of whom more or less fall intro three camps regarding treatment.
At the request of many friends, I started to put together a dossier and advisory note to distill ALL of the best information we've gleaned on the top doctors, tests, and treatments. It's saved my life - and I'd love for it to help more people. :) Specifically, we can cover:
* Gut/autoimmune disease, gluten and food sensitivity, chronic constipation or diarrhea. Including an analysis of the best diets in the field (latest studies, patient testimonies, etc.) on: FODMAPS, AIP, GAPS, SCD, Paleo, and the Elemental Diet (also including the vegan raw/juicing diet).
* Testing and treatment for all pathogen overgrowth, including: parasites, fungal (candida, yeast) overgrowth, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
* Bacterial infections (h-pylori, SIBO - small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, etc.) - including the Celiac / SIBO connection. We can also discuss the good bacteria (increasing healthy gut flora/fauna), probiotics! Specifically, covering the most potent, bio-available probiotics on the market, safe enough for leaky gut patients, and those prebiotic-intolerant.
* Associated IBS/IBD diseases, including: dyspepsia, gastritis, GERD, gallstones, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/CFIDS), and Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). Finally, although I have not been diagnosed with Lyme, many close friends have, even making a full recovery. I'm happy to share their resources and advice, when appropriate.
* Heavy metal toxicity - including the best lab and treatment in the US. IF mercury poisoning is an issue, doctors first request patients to remove any/all mercury amalgams. I can also review the best bio-dentistry practices in the US/abroad for safely removing the amalgams, without risking additional exposure.
* Testing and treatment for methylation and mold overgrowth/biotoxin illness.
My main motivation in offering this to the community is to hopefully circumvent anyone from suffering another day, needlessly.
A full cure is possible - even for the most difficult/chronic cases!
Happy to answer any questions. Also - at minimum this would take a 30 minute phone call/session along with a follow-up email. For more in-depth sessions, we can go up from there.
To good health!
Training & Qualifications