General Photography Sevices
Please click on my sample photo above to get a better look at the kind of quality work I like to produce (more samples available on request).
I'm available for most types of photography (too many to list) - so if you need photos, just ask and I'll tell you if I am comfortable performing that work for you.
I don't use a "professional" camera (see camera description below). I believe quality images have more to do with the photographer than the gear they use. Please keep this in mind and don't be surprised when I arrive with a small "point-n-shoot" camera.
There is more work performed by the photographer than most people realize. Most people, understandably, simply show up with little prep on their side. The photographer may bring years of experience and the time involved may easily triple the time taken snapping the shutter.
I do not print. I only provide you with digital image files. The big-box stores such as Walgreens, Sams Club, Walmart, Costco have some amazing printing machinery. You simply take your usb drive to one of the in-store kiosks; plug the usb into the kiosk and follow the instructions (the stores are usually pretty good about assisting with this) .
Simbi measures services in "units" - so - for one unit of photography you will receive:
- A photo shoot lasting up to 1 hour
- I will email to you a group of small, watermarked proofs (or post them online); shots from the photo shoot for you to choose from. If you do not feel the photos are worthy of our Simbi exchange - you can cancel / withdraw our arrangement / proposal.
- You can choose up to 10 photos (5 Simbi for each additional)
- Digital files will be provided with each of the following treatments: large (both in color and b&w) suitable for printing and small (800 pix on longest side in both color and b&w) suitable for email or posting.
- Raw digital files (similar to film negatives) for selected photos will also be included
- Delivery - you provide a usb thumb-drive (with at least 2 gig of free space) at time of shoot. If you do not bring a thumb drive to the photo shoot, I will charge $10 if I have to go buy one for you; payable on delivery of photo files. Allow approximately 2 weeks for editing / processing and we will arrange to meet within 2 miles of 88th and Wash for delivery of usb drive containing your images.
Questions are welcome.
Training & Qualifications
I've been taking photos, off and on, for over 40 years.
I'm just an amateur and, just as with my other "jack of many" skills, I'm not a master photographer.
I used to shoot film with an SLR. I couldn't afford a lot of film or processing fees, so I made a habit of planning out my shots carefully.
I moved to digital photography a little over 10 years ago and shortly after began shooting with a Dslr.
I've been downsizing my life in retirement and sold all my Dslr gear and now shoot with a simple point-n-shoot - an Olympus XZ-2.
Don't be mislead by the fact that the XZ-2 is not a Dslr.
The sensor is small (1.7 cmos; 12Mp), but the glass is very good. This is actually quite a sophisticated piece of equipment. Granted, a Dslr has more capabilities. But, photography is really very simple - in that, I think it comes down to good glass and adequate light. Still, the most important component in photography - is the photographer. You can have the finest camera and lens in the world - and terrible photos. Or, you can have a primitive shoe-box pinhole camera - and beautiful images. Its often less about the tool and more about how it is used.
I shoot raw w/ jpg and post process in DarkTable and GIMP. I tend to spend a lot of time in post-processing (the "digital darkroom"), because I like to squeeze as much value as I can from each shot.
I also like to experiment with creative expressions of my photos (B&W; pencil and cartoon effects and much much more; the creative possibilities are basically limitless).
Availability & Preferences
I'm not a fan of driving in metro Denver. I prefer outdoor, public venues close to home - such as parks or any public venue with a nice back-drop and a decent lighting factor (Thornton/Northglenn).
In the past, I have scouted shoot locations on the 16th Street Mall, so I'd be open to that as well.
In terms of schedule- I'm retired and fairly flexible.
Reviews of Wilbur
About Wilbur Klick
I'm a 66 year old retired guy. Some of my current hobbies / pursuits are: photography; photo editing; graphic design; web-page design; yoga; fitness; aikido and general handyman kinds of project...s. About my profile photo: I'm an old guy, "got the picture?" - grey hair and wrinkles. The photo was taken by me - a sunflower in my garden. show moreOpen to other proposals
Wilbur Klick is looking for:
- Healing Arts
- Physical Therapy
- Music & Audio