Software Development (Full Stack)
I will write you some custom software based on your requirements and setup all aspects of the underlying infrastructure (full-stack/ DevOps) and build it out to scale if so desired.
Check out my LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/travisrowland
Training & Qualifications
I am a DevOps engineer, I build and automate the cloud for my day-job; I also have a start-up company which I have been building for the last 9 years.
Here are a few of my skills:
Cigna Health Insurance – Portland, OR
DevOps Engineer IV
8/2015 – Present
• Configure and manage the SDLC lifecycle builds in Jenkins, in a Java (Scala), NodJS, MongoDB based open source environment.
• Configure and manage deployments and system configurations in Ansible, migrate legacy and Salt deployments to Ansible.
• Manage GIT source-controlled code-bases contained in Gitlab.
• Setup application pooling using Consul, HAProxy and NGINX.
• Adhere to strict agile software development methodologies utilizing the Atlassian stack: JIRA +Agile, Confluence, Stash.
• Setup monitoring to notify the correct stakeholders when services software are slowing or down, utilizing Sensu, Graphite and Grafana.
• Create environment, agile sprint status and defect dashboards for the development, QA and project management team members.
• Optimize infrastructure based on new projects and future workloads.
• Determining what is missing infrastructure-wise, why it’s needed and how to get to utopia.
Clark College – Vancouver, WA
Computer Graphics Technology Professor
12/2014 – 05/2015
• Taught a transitional HTML and CSS web-design course at Clark College in Vancouver Washington in the evenings for Winter term. (Night classes)
Cambia Health Solutions (HealthSparq) – Portland, OR
DevOps Engineer III
10/2014 – 8/2015
• Work with product engineering on new or updated features, deployment and debugging tasks.
• Coordinate incident response; develop organization-wide automation and optimize existing processes.
• Setup, configure, maintain and automate software deployments from development though production using industry standard CI (Continuous Integration) practices.
• Participate in an on-call rotation for mission-critical systems; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues.
• Keep technically abreast of trends and advancements within my area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
• Providing technical direction and guidance to less senior staff.
• Employ agile and pivotal development and management strategies (SCRUM, ETIL).
Dynamictivity LLC – Scappoose, OR
Production Systems Engineer
06/2003 – 09/2014
• My responsibilities included application support, software and web engineering and development methodologies, time management, industry standards compliance, server hardware and software configuration and deployment, business and project management, process development and management, business marketing and networking, technical writing and documentation, backup and redundancy solutions (RAID/Script Automation), digital image manipulation (Adobe Photoshop, Paint, GIMP), data-center management, brainstorming, mock-ups, software engineering, marketing, user experience design (UX, UI Development), customer interactions.
• Developed the Scatter.Us product: This product utilized a full LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) stack. This product also utilized mobile device applications on Android, Apple iPhone and iPad (+iOS) and Windows Phone. Customers could scan a QR code with their phone, scanning their phone would check them into brick-and-mortar locations so they could earn points which could be redeemed for products and services.
• Applied and used the following software and solutions to a wide range of internal projects: Adobe (Acrobat/Photoshop), Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, PowerShell, batch, C++, Python, PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX, SAAS, PAAS, RDBMS, DODB, IIS, Apache, Nginx, OpenMesh, OpenStack Cloud.
Intel – Hillsboro, OR
Technical Marketing Engineer Technician (Team Lead)
05/2013 – 09/2014
• Worked primarily as a technical writer and copywriter developing and presenting technical product training materials and process documents.
• Worked directly with both OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and ODMs (Original Device Manufacturers) including, but not limited to Cisco, Dell, HP, ASUS, Gigabyte, and Kensington.
• Explored new Intel-based technology and performed extensive product research, developed corresponding process documentation for line technicians to configure and ship the technology to both internal and external clients as well as expositions and conferences world-wide.
• Acted as a technical process management expert, consultant and analyst; triaged issues with the production line to ensure timely product delivery.
• Developed and maintained automated tools for software and Operating System deployment which were written using combinations of PowerShell, Batch, BASH and Python.
• Configured embedded systems and devices for IoT (Internet of Things) using Wind River Linux and shipped configured devices to internal clients for testing and development.
• Developed customer facing experience in a sales context for on-site demos at world-wide expositions that represented the Intel brand.
• Developed solutions to problems utilizing formal education, experience and judgment.
• Responded to customer/client requests or events as they occurred.
Next News Network – Chicago, IL
Server Systems and Broadcast Network Administrator (Volunteer)
09/2012 – 05/2013
• Interfaced internal hardware and software tools with the cloud-based external broadcast website for timely news delivery using RESTful API’s and Wowza Streaming Server.
• Performed all server hardware and software configuration and deployment which consisted of the network and back-end server systems infrastructure for Restore The Republic (rtr.org) and The Next News Network (nextnewsnetwork.com), including but not limited to a complete online broadcast stream infrastructure from production to broadcast.
• Ensured databases were running on dedicated DBAAS (Database as a Service) on the OpenStack Cloud at Rackspace.
• Implemented CloudFlare (Web site proxy) for the websites to prevent malicious attacks and to speed up the sites using their built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network).
• Monitored the cluster to ensure maximum uptime and deliverability of critical news.
The Computer Guys – Warrenton, OR
04/2011 – 10/2012
• Developed front facing customer website for marketing purposes using LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
• Designed, setup and maintained wired and wireless networks, network attached storage, backup and redundancy solutions and security and surveillance systems for clients.
• Worked with a range of different storage technologies (SSD/HDD/NAS/SAN).
• Performed digital image manipulation (Adobe Photoshop, Paint, GIMP) for marketing purposes.
• Used time management skills, scheduled appointments with clients and assured timely arrival.
• Maintained accurate financial records and paid all invoices on time, using QuickBooks Online.
• Invoiced customers and performed collection duties when required.
• Prepared reports and created documents using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Worked inside customer’s homes in a non-intrusive, friendly and respectful manner.
• Provided customers/clients with desired information in a timely manner. Utilized internet email as an effective communication tool.
• Answered phones courteously and professionally, took detailed and accurate messages.
• Established rapport with diverse individuals and groups utilizing strong team dynamics.
• Worked across a variety of different hardware and software platforms on-call and gathered required information to support the immediate need of the client.
iFocus Consulting – Astoria, OR
Microsoft Enterprise Solutions Support Specialist
01/2010 – 04/2010
• Worked a spring internship at a Microsoft/Dell shop as a Microsoft Products Application Specialist (SharePoint/Exchange/Dynamics CRM) where I managed Microsoft enterprise solutions for clients of the firm.
• Setup SharePoint, Exchange and Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the firm’s internal workflow.
• Microsoft Windows Domain environment, managed group policy updates and domain accounts.
• Remotely logged in to client on premise servers to perform general maintenance tasks.
• Debugged in-house CMS software written and deployed on an ASP.NET/MSSQL stack.
Reviews of Travis
Josh received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisMar 13, 2017
Josh received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisMar 13, 2017
Bill received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisMar 22, 2017
Elliott received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisDec 08, 2016
Nathan left review for TravisDec 09, 2016
William left review for TravisDec 22, 2016
Andrea received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisAug 08, 2016
Edward received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisFeb 27, 2017
Aaron received unit of Software Development (Full Stack) from TravisJun 21, 2016
About Travis Rowland
I am a technology evangelist. Check out my LinkedIn: <a href="http://linkedin.com/in/travisrowland" target="_blank">http://linkedin.com/in/travisrowland</a> Travis Rowland is a self-taught inter...net software entrepreneur that is familiar with failure. The ideas are constant and he often finds similar ideas being executed by others on or around the same time he begins to pursue them. The biggest challenge for Travis is being solo, there have been very few times others have had the willingness to join him in his ventures because his ideas are grand and require an enormous amount of work; nonetheless, Travis does not give up heading toward his dreams. When Travis fails he gets up and tries again. Travis is currently looking for investors and networking contacts so he can achieve his dream of an internet SAAS (Software as a Service) creative firm; a firm that develops low-cost solutions that both improve people's day-to-day lives and similarly help others to meet their personal, financial and business goals. If you are interested in learning more about what Travis is working on, don't hesitate to contact him because he is always open to new connections. The biggest motivator for Travis is passion, if he is doing something he isn't passionate about, he has a difficult time staying motivated. Travis also has some very altruistic values, such as honesty and integrity. He prefers to work with people who share the same or similar values.show moreOpen to other proposals
Travis Rowland is looking for:
- Fun & Quirky
- Children's Tutoring
- Children's Activities
- Children's Lessons
- Auto Maintenance
- Digital Marketing
- Website Consulting
- Web/Software Development
- Video & AV
- Graphic Design
- Classes & Webcasts
- Tutoring & Mentoring
- Fresh Produce
- Writing & Editing
- Consulting & Coaching
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Transport & Rideshares
- Tours & Excursions
- Physical Therapy
- Entertainment & Performance
- Music & Audio
- Custom Art
- Art & Design