Prototype product enclosure design
If you are trying to launch a simple product via a crowd-funding campaign (e.g. Kickstarter, Indiegogo), I can:
Evaluate your product, and prepare a document including:
1) A recommendation for best manufacturing methods
2) A digital sketch design, including basic dimensions and materials
3) Referrals to manufacturing companies suited to your timeline and volume requirements (I'm not a paid endorser)
4) Advice on getting your first prototype enclosure/housing into your hands as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
The information I will require is:
1) What is the form-factor and basic premise of the product? (e.g. a single PCB in a plastic case vs. a charging base for a flying drone, etc.)
2) What is your prior experience with product design? (i.e. I am 100% new vs. I am a product engineer for Apple)
3) What is the scale, budget, and timeline of your project (e.g. single-person project, $350, and 2 months).
4) How much assistance do you need? (i.e. I need someone to help me design the whole thing vs, I want to laser cut my product, and I have a design, but I don't know where to start).
If you can answer as many of these questions as possible, we can discuss your product and determine if my services can be of use to you.
Training & Qualifications
I am an engineer with experience in product design including: medical devices, robotics, and small device enclosures.
I have a degree in Robotics Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and 7 years of design experience.
I have run my own crowd-funding campaigns and have assisted other people with mechanical design considerations on theirs.
Availability & Preferences
I work full-time (9-5, Mon-Fri) but I can answer messages and emails almost anytime. I am free to Skype and talk on the phone after 5pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-4pm Sat-Sun.