Host Your Own Virtual Reality Party
I will bring my HTC Vive virtual reality system and my own powerful gaming PC to your home and set the system up in your space, then teach you how to use and troubleshoot it so that you can host your own virtual reality party. This will be a great experience for kids (of all ages). Most people have never experienced something as remarkable as modern virtual reality, and it is a real treat to watch other people experience it for the first time. You will really wow your adult friends or make your kid's birthday party the talk of their school.
If you are unfamiliar with the HTC Vive, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYfNzhLXYGc .
Some of the more compelling experiences include:
Archery games are a huge favorite and tons of fun
Painting/scultping in three dimensional space
Space and Zombie shooting games
Building complex contraptions
Observing underwater wildlife
There are two options for this service:
1) I will set it up so that you are able to host your own party without my being present. I can set it up, teach you how to use it, peace out, then return and retrieve my equipment within 24 hours. ***I will require your driver's license or passport and another token of obvious value to you such as a house or car key or an item of collateral valued at $2500--this is expensive equipment! You will also have to sign a promise to return the equipment undamaged or be responsible for replacing it.*** You should plan at least an hour for me to set it up and show you how to use it.
2) I will stay throughout the party to act as a curator for the games and experiences. More importantly, I'll be on hand to troubleshoot any potential issues. This is a new technology, and there are occasionally errors/glitches that might prove frustrating, especially if you are unfamiliar with troubleshooting a gaming PC in general. I'll do this for an extra 50 simbi per hour plus beer and pizza (or whatever you're serving your guests).
I understand this is a lot of simbi to ask and that most people do not have a large amount, but taking this down from my own place and setting it up at yours (then reversing it) is quite an undertaking. I am open to a variety of service swaps if you don't have the simbi, but I am also interested in acquiring simbi so I can afford other services. If you are new, you and a few friends can pool the simbi you receive from joining simbi and doing other actions like sharing on Facebook or offering your own service. I am excited by this new platform and eager to see it grow.
YOU MUST PROVIDE:
* A large screen television. That way your friends can see what you see!
* An open area (at least 8 x 8 ft) around it. I can help you move your furniture out of the way.
* Depending on your setup, a sturdy chair or step ladder
* Electrical outlets
NOTICE: Depending on your setup, I may need to use 3M double sided adhesive or screws to affix the VR sensors, or "lighthouses," to the ceiling in your area. I may also need to apply a couple of staples to your ceiling to keep the weight/movement of the cords from disrupting the sensors. There is a risk of the adhesive loosening paint or texture. I am not responsible for any damage to your ceiling.
I offer a variety of games and experiences. If there is anything in particular you would like me to have available, please let me know in your request and we can work something out.
I also offer a service where you and a few friends can come to my apartment on Capitol Hill and try out VR in my space! That is only 50 simbi for an hour. I am considering offering my space for hosting parties to cut down on the setup and travel time, but that might be down the road a while. If you are interested in this, we may be able to work something out.
Training & Qualifications
I have owned an HTC Vive for several months and have lots of experience setting it up in different spaces (at friends' houses and apartments). I have shown off the capabilities of VR to over a dozen people and hosted a couple of these parties myself. I know how to set up, curate, and troubleshoot the experience.
Availability & Preferences
Most evenings and weekends, but also some weekdays, depending on my schedule. You should plan to schedule with me a few days to a few weeks in advance.
About Sean Butterfield
I work as a phlebotomist for the local blood bank in Seattle and live with my fiance Charity and dog Lucy on Capitol Hill in Seattle. I'm from Virginia, where I graduated from UVa with a degree in Bi...ochemistry in 2008, just in time to have zero economic opportunity, so I've been kind of spinning my wheels since then, professionally speaking. But I've been happy here in Seattle for the past 7 years, and I like my job. I am trying to be more social, so hopefully this will help me make a few friends as well. My fiance Charity loves to meet new people, but she has a disability and uses a wheelchair, which sometimes makes that more difficult. I am super interested in meeting simbi users who might want to come and play board games or do various activities around Capitol Hill with us or with her when I can't be around. Sometimes she gets bored, and I'm a hermit recluse type, and I'm hoping this will be fun for her too.show moreOpen to other proposals
Sean Butterfield is looking for:
- Pet Training
- Hair styling
- Style & Fashion
- Life Coaching
- Senior & Disabled Care
- Physical Therapy
- Personal Training
- Tailoring & Sewing
- Interior Design