Owning A Crested Gecko
I can give you all the information you need on starting up your first terrarium, the do's and dont's of purchasing your first crestie(s) and of course caring for your geckos once you've got them all settled!
From the moment I first purchased my crested geckos, I've struggled with all the clichés myself:
- What should my terrarium look like? How big should it be?
- Where and how do I purchase crested gecko's?
- What should I feed my gecko?
- What do I do when my gecko refuses to eat?
- When and how can I breed with my geckos?
- What do I do when my gecko's going to lay eggs?
- How do I know if my gecko is as healthy as I think it is?
- What do I do when my gecko gets sick?
- How do I get the temperature and humidity right?
So if you find yourself in doubt or are super enthusiastic to own a crested gecko, I'll glady help you out!
Note: I'm a hobbyist. This means I know the basics of breeding with crested gecko's, though I'm no expert as I haven't bred (and have no intention to breed) with my own cresties.
Training & Qualifications
Two years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to his gecko's. As weird as it may sound, it was love on first sight! Instead of purchasing the ball python I initially wanted to have, I decided to purchase two crested gecko's instead. This was without a doubt the best decision ever and I started loving them even more.
As a veterinary student I'm trained in recognizing illnesses and odd behaviour. My training allows me to often determine the disease and underlying cause I'm dealing with This applies to crested gecko's too!
Availability & Preferences
I'm always around!