I have over 16 years of experience as a software developer, artificial intelligence researcher, data scientist, and software architect. I am familiar with a wide variety of Microsoft technologies, as well as tools typically used in the field of data science, and enjoy any opportunity to learn a new technology or methodology. I Understand that the realities of the business world sometimes do not allow the developer the time and/or resources to build “perfect” applications, and understand that in business the bottom line is king. A good application that can be put on the market is always better than an unfinished "perfect" application.
Lead Data Scientist Experience
Creating data mining solutions to increase the productivity of petroleum exploration
• Utilizing Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014, HDInsight, Hadoop, R, R Studio, and Artificial Intelligence.
• SQL Server tools such as Master Data Management and Data Quality Services, SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
• Using video cards (CUDA enabled) to perform massively parallel processing, using R, F#, and C#
• Using TortoiseHg, TortoiseSVN, GitHub, and BitBucket for source control.
• Algorithm development for cleaning data suitable for data mining. The data quality of public data in the petroleum industry is of exceptionally poor quality in general and requires new methodologies and techniques to clean to the point where data mining is even possible. I developed these methodologies and techniques as I came across somewhat unique data quality and integration problems.
• Acquisition and integration of public and private data sources to be using in data mining and predictive analytics.
One of my favorite quotes:
"Without Data you're just another person with an opinion."
W. Edwards Deming