Summary of Qualifications
• Over 20 years experience in working in Higher Education.
(Positions Held: Academic Counselor, Unit Director, Department Director,
Assistant Dean of Students, and Assistant Vice - President).
• Supervised and managed a staff of up to 10-15 Professional Employees, as well as up to over 50 Student Leaders at any given time.
• Actively participated in Northeastern Illinois Universities Strategic Plan – and selected by the President to serve on the Steering Committee.
• Facilitated and Managed Budgets of various proportions.
• Sustained strategic alliances and partnerships with local “not for profit” organizations, schools, and churches to promote access to Higher Education.
• Developed and presented programming to undecided Freshman through Senior students.
• Experience managing and reporting on Grant Funded Initiatives (Lilly).
• Supervised Faculty and Students participating in A Summer Leadership Academy (served as the Academy Director).
• Participated in Fund Raising Events for Albany Park Community Center Board.
• Fostered Partnership with others in Student Affairs and others in Academic Affairs to promote Student Success and Retention.
• Developed and Executed a “60” Hour Training Curriculum for Orientation Peer Leaders. This model brought together tenured Faculty and “Seasoned” Student Affairs Professionals as Training Facilitators for 6 Days of Intensive Training.