Test an App
I just started an Open Beta for an Android app I wrote in my spare time and now I'm looking for people to help with Testing. This is an Android only app (sorry, no Apple at present).
The app is an incredibly simple productivity tool. With it, you can set a limit on the amount of time you spend in apps of your choice.
I have tested the app pretty extensively myself. I've been running it for the past several months on my own devices without incident. However, I can't make any guarantees.
Specifically, this is what I'm looking for:
1) Follow this link, become a beta tester, download and install the app: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.boundlessdawn.applimitlite
2) Take it for a test drive. Let me know if the user interface makes sense, where it's confusing or awkward to use, what improvements you might recommend.
3) Take screen shots so I can see how it displays on your device (especially if it looks like it isn't displaying properly).
4) If it does something unexpected, let me know (be as detailed as possible).
5) specifically try to block your home screen, and the app itself (you shouldn't be able to), let me know if you can (provide screen shots if possible).
6) include basic details about what type of device you're using and what version of Android you're running.
If you long press twice on the "X" used to close the app, it will take you into a development screen where all the variables are listed. Merely opening it will copy all those variables to the clipboard. There's even a button to kill the process, a button to force start it, and the ability to clear out all the variables (if they've gone bad somehow). If, for any reason, the app starts behaving badly (like kicking you out of everything), this may help me figure out why, and empower you to stop it.