Drupal Website Development
I've been building sites since 2008 on the Drupal platform and will set up your website if it's a straightforward site with features such as: blog, announcements, press releases, event calendar + registration, e-commerce (digital download or physical products), and similar needs.
These projects work better when you have a fairly good understanding of what you want your website to accomplish and we then work together to implement a working version that you are able to continue to update (I've deployed 250+ complex projects to date).
I'll prioritize projects that are related to:
* environmental sustainability and green business
* women, children, and families
* music, film, and the arts
* civic and political involvement
* entrepreneurship education for women
Send a description of what you need and we can discuss if there's alignment.
What you will get:
1) Assistance navigating or developing through your list of requirements
2) List of what we will do to implement those requirements (such as the modules that can be used out-of-the-box, or any custom modifications needed)
3) A sandboxed web hosting environment on Pantheon.io
4) Implementation of your Drupal site on the Pantheon.io site, with your prioritized list of requirements
5) Installation of a pre-built theme (if you need a custom design I will make recommendations, it is not included in this package)
There are some very sharp and clean themes that are free or low-cost if you're just getting started
6) Help with setting up your domain name and attaching the domain name to the hosting
What you will not get
9) Domain Name - you purchase this yourself through a registrar like GoDaddy.com
10) paid website hosting - hosting is where the website actually "lives", my recommendation is to go to pantheon.io for hosting.
I typically recommend Pantheon because it has a good upgrade path for Drupal backup and update requirements and costs $25/month for basic sites.
Using your own website to reach customers and clients, collect information, sell your products and services, and develop a community is a great way to share your knowledge and skills.
I look forward to supporting you on your journey. Feel free to do a search on my name or existing consulting branch 10K Webdesign to see additional samples.
Training & Qualifications
I taught myself to code in 1999, and have deployed 250+ websites through my own consulting practice (since 2004), and as a staff person to global organizations - you can search me on LinkedIn for some other samples of where I work, speak, and teach.
Teams usually rely on me for architecture, identifying functional specifications, setting up the initial database and overall site framework, fine-tuning and customizing to fit needs, and updating or deploying an up-to-date digital presence that represents the organization. I have had most success with launching membership association, informational, and interactive websites for projects like competitions, open call for proposals, donation, and online communities.
View more of my background at my professional website monicasflores.com.
Availability & Preferences