• 10 years of secretarial/clerical experience in a variety of settings, always working to implement efficient procedures to improve customer satisfaction & business outcomes.
• 2 years of professional medical interpreting experience in a primary care setting.
• Streamlined new patient registration process by integrating various departmental needs, cutting overall processing time drastically and resulting in fewer lost applications.
• Facilitated translation, preparation, & distribution of all materials needed to coordinate the enrollment of more than 60 patients for a medical research study (including 250+ self-scripted cold calls to eligible patients) and prepared team members to carry out the same procedures at separate sites.
• Created & led the first Medical Interpreter Training specialized for Community HealthCorps Orientation, including original activities & scripted role plays, later modifying material for broader community use.
• Professional Interpreting & Translating Experience
• Spanish (full professional oral/written proficiency)
• HIPPA & FERPA compliance
• 2 years of Medical Office experience
• Electronic Medical/Health Records (NextGen)
• Type 80+ wpm w/high accuracy
• File & Records Management
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)