I am a teacher and a librarian at an Elementary School. I have been teaching for over 5 years. I have a passion for technology, education, and art. I have a variety of personal interests outside of school that I get to use at school to help keep kids interested in learning. I have a B. A. in English and a Master's degree in Library and Information Science.
Some areas of expertise include:
- technology training and technology use: using software and programs to achieve your goals and to accomplish tasks effectively
- research both online and with physical materials: brainstorming and narrowing a topic, gathering information from a variety of sources, organizing notes, and creating a final product to share findings
- teaching using technology: using software and programs to teach groups of students and stay organized as a teacher
- graphic design: using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign to create graphically appealing digital images, specializing in text and photo manipulation (I am not a professional digital illustrator)
- ceramics/pottery: hand builder and wheel throwing using a variety of clay bodies