Let's make a Simbi documentary!!!!!
I would like to work with local artists to make a documentary with many episodes about building a Tiny House using Simbi and the process by which one can complete a large, full scale project using only Simbi for building material/supplies, labor, and advice. There would also be a behind-the-scenes making of with tutorials on how to become full reliant on Simbi for everything from housing, food, entertainment, and building a social network.
We would document the process of planning and building a fully functional Tiny Home. The end product of said project would be a fully functioning Tiny Home to be donated to a Simbi member. Episodes could be something as follows: 1. Contacting local filmmakers and the like to collaborate on this project and regular times to meet to work on it. 2. Following newbie users on their first journey from set up to offering their first service or product. 3. Setting out to purchase a trailer using Simbi with a Simbi broker orchestrating the transaction. Collaborating with an architect to design the Tiny Home. 4. Collaborating with an interior designer to make a welcoming environment. 5. Collaborating with engineers (structural, electrical, etc.) to make an inexpensive fully, functional, sustainable structure. 6. Sourcing building materials through Simbi's want ads, gathering said items, and finding a workspace to work on our project. 7. Building the structure and accurately documenting actual setbacks for dramatic tension. 8. The structure is completed and a dedicated Simbi user is selected to receive it with a Simbi support system to continue her journey (i.e. land, utilities, etc.). 9. Interviews with project members, long time Simbi users, Simbi founders, and talking heads (philosophers, economists, etc.) about the Simbi concept.
Training & Qualifications
I am passionate about film and the process of filmmaking. I have zero experience doing this and would be fully reliant on Simbi for collaborating with filmmakers, producers, videographers, cinematographers, and the like.
Risks and Challenges
1. Simbi may be meant to be a bartering system and not a fully functioning alternative Capitalist economy. As such the founders could frown upon this project.
2. The project needs to be funded in order to be successful and needs quite a bit of capital to be successful. If the average user only has 85 Simbi in their account this could be an enormous undertaking without big time investors. Also, you cannot at this time convert regular currency into Simbi and I'm sure there are tax and accounting reasons for this.
3. There may not be enough Simbi users to make such an audacious thing come to life, or if there are they may be limited by time, energy, and resources.
4. I literally have no experience in filmmaking or building structures. However, I fell the reason for Simbi to to gain access to knowledge, services, materials, and labor.
5. It may be better to start out with a small project and then build upon that. I.e. Financing one episode at at time.
If done properly this has the potential to turn Simbi into a fully functioning alternative currency.
Availability & Preferences
I work 3 days a week but am available any other time