For the love of wisdom
Philosophy (love of wisdom in Greek) is the practice (art?) of examining the human condition. There are five branches of philosophy:
- Metaphysics: What exists beyond the mind?
- Epistemology: How do I know about it?
- Ethics: What should I do about (or within) it?
- Politics: What actions are permissible?
- Aesthetics: What can life be like?
As such, philosophy is something we all have. Whether you believe the world is an illusion or is the only thing that is real - that exploration is the domain of philosophy. While my professional coaching practices focus on specific pain points in life, productivity, and self-management, these sessions explore how you think and reason about various topics.
I'm not particularly interested in rhetoric or sophistry here (my goal isn't to persuade you - or teach you to persuade others - in what to think). Nor are these sessions meant to be, what I will call, navel contemplation (Can god do anything? Can he make a mountain he can't move?). Though, they are your Simbi and if you want to spend them that way, I will not stop you. :)
If, however, you are interested in learning about various philosophical approaches from Socrates to Plato to Aristotle to Rand to Wilbur and more. Or, you want to explore your own philosophical approach to consciousness. Or, you would like to stress-test a proposition you have. Or, you have a specific question regarding something that falls into one or more of the five branches. Or, you would like to learn techniques of reason and argument.
Then this is probably the right service for you.
Training & Qualifications
My humility struggles with this given the nature of the service...so, please, take this only as informational not pretense.
1. I spent roughly the first 18 years of my life exploring philosophical concepts and constructs on my own (developing my own propositions and experiments)
2. I've spent a vast majority of the last 18 years of my life examining various philosophers in both an academic and non-academic setting.
3. I debate and explore ideas quite often with individuals.
4. I also tend to write about the topics as well: https://medium.com/@amidknight
5. When it comes to intelligence (the ability to process new information and turn it into something useful) I am in the 99th percentile.
Availability & Preferences
My availability is flexible and should be easy to negotiate.