About Chakana Creations
We are Alejandra and Marc, a couple with complementary skills and abilities, guided by their similar values and vocation.
Marc was born in the Catalan Pyrenees, in the land of... the Ceretani, a branch of the Iberians. Alejandra was born in Entre Rios (between rivers), a province in Center-East Argentina.
Nowadays, we live:
- part time in Australia, in the land of the Gunaikurnai, an aboriginal nation of the Australian South-east;
- part time in Argentina, in a land whose ancestors where the Comechingón, an Indigenous tribe of the center-west Argentina
- other locations of the world (mainly in the Southern Hemisphere)
These three places (Argentina, Australia and Catalonia) constitute three corners of Earth. This tells us that, alongside with the connection to our ancestral lands, we need to extend our arms to embrace as much diversity as possible; perhaps, by living between these locations, we are trying to embrace the whole planet.
Marc is a writer, social entrepreneur and ecological economist. As an author, he mainly writes about spirituality and ancient wisdom. Alejandra has a background in education and languages. She is currently embracing the path of social research and publishing.
Together, we run CHAKANA CREATIONS, an incubator of projects aiming at:
- Helping restore ecological balance,
- Build bridges between cultures, and
- Prompt the rediscovery of the Self as spiritual collective beings.
Our projects reflect our commitment to:
- Ecology (field of Renewable, sustainable and clean Energy) and
- Indigenous Peoples and inhabitants of rural areas from low income countries (developing proposals to help them walk towards autonomy and empowerment).
OUR CURRENT PROJECTS
The writings, which can be accessed from:
- mastay.info, a platform where articles written by Marc and by other authors, mainly indigenous people, are published. The platform is an opportunity for authors to communicate their worldview.
- "Mastay: The Alchemy of the Reunion" and "Incan Anatomy of the Soul" , two books which can be obtained from Amazon and other on-line shops on the internet.
"Wise Tree Centres"
They are intended to become a network of centers located in or nearby sacred areas to be run on reciprocity. There, anyone will be able to attend (receive) and hold (give) workshops and activities aligned with our current need for sociocultural and spiritual change. The seedling of the first center is already growing in South-East Australia, in an eco-village called Mt Murrindal, in a valley called W-Tree, where the headquarters of Chakana Creations is located. The seedling of the second Tree Centre is starting to take shape at the foot of Champaqui Mt. in the valley of Traslasierra, located in Córdoba, a western province in Argentina.
Intended to become a global network for the distribution of useful technology to the people living in rural areas from low-income countries. The network is based upon three principles:
- circular economy,
- open data and
- social equality.
It is to be championed through a non-profit organisation with all the users of the technology as its members. It will be a sort of global users’ cooperative for those in need of such technologies.
All our creations are built on the understanding of 7 (seven) relationships that constitute a new set of laws of thought with the potential to harmonize the way we relate to our existence. These relationships are inspired by the indigenous worldview; we believe that it is only when we let ourselves be influenced by their wisdom that we will be able to overcome the current environmental and spiritual crisis.
PUBLISHING AND APP/WEB DEVELOPMENT
If you are going to assist us in these areas, we need you to have demonstrated professional experience in at least one of the following skills:
1. Graphic design, Artistic drawing and painting (Photoshop, Pixelmator,etc.) and Vector Graphic Editor (InkScape, Adobe Illustrator, etc.),
2. Web animation (Hype 3, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects, Slider Revolution, etc.), 3D animation (Blender), Video Editing (Adobe Premier, Final Cut, etc.),
3. Book Layout (Adobe InDesign, Scribus, Scrivener, Jutoh, etc.),
4. CMS: WordPress, Joomla and Moodle,
5. Programming and Frameworks (PHP, Python, Django, Angular2+, ReactJS)
6. On-line marketing and SEO and Databases (Postgres).
7. App design (Adobe XD,...)show more Open to other proposals
Chakana Creations is looking for:
- Digital Marketing
- Website Consulting
- Web/Software Development
- Video & AV
- Graphic Design
- Language Lessons
- Music & Audio
- Custom Art
- Art & Design