Legalese Help (financial)
I have been working with the US financial sector for over 10 years; specifically in the area of regulatory compliance. The documents that you get in your loan package, I have written those. I also have written the policies and procedures that financial institutions (inclusive of debt collection agencies) must follow. I know things like, what the maximum interest rate a lender can charge you based upon your state of residence. I know what a debt collection agency is required to say to you on each call, i know which states require upfront consent to call recording. I also can interpret the legalese of loan and account documents.
I said all of that to say, my services would involve providing clarity to a question you may have that touches the following areas:
Financial Legalese- loan terms, disputed debits, debt collection, check holds, power of attorney and/or trust usuage on accounts/loans, product development, website compliance (americans with disability), advertised- bait and switch, complaints - deception.
Other - I have this area as my catch all. I have the ability to develop thought. If you are mentally stuck, chances are I can unstick you, give you that extra boost you need to clear that mental hurdle.
PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT a lawyer /attorney, no information I provide should be construed as legal advice. I will offer my interpretation and guidance on what I would do next if I were in your shoes. Any and all interpretations will be coupled with the regulation, state code, statute, or law in which I base my response.
It will be fairly simple,
1. submit your question to me via the method of communication you think would be best. I have found that many individuals do not know exactly how to capture their full question in writing and therefore a verbal interaction in which I can assist in pulling the question out of you may be the best solution.
2. I will clarify your question, this ensures that I know exactly what your need is.
3. Give an estimate (cost/timing), questions vary in complexity and therefore so does my level of effort. Question that are compounded, requiring the answering of subquestions will be priced higher than no complex questions.
4. You will decide to accept (or not) the estimate.
5. I will provide interpretation.
Training & Qualifications
I have worked in regulatory consumer compliance for 10 years with the following titles.
Chief Compliance Officer - Debt Collections
Manager of Compliance - Consumer Lending/Mortgages
Branch Compliance Offcier - Large Credit Union
Senior Compliance Analysis- Retail Banking
To maintain my position I am required to stay abreast of the regulatory enviroment, this includes attending seminars, completing web based courses, and subscribing to regulatory publication.
Availability & Preferences
We can find a date and time that works best for both of us.